- About CS
- Future Students
- Current Students
- News & Events
- Active Learning: Nina Balcan Shores Up Foundations of Her Field
- Algorithm for Success: Zvi Galil Brings the Fire to Georgia Tech
- An Agile Architecture: Hyesoon Kim Looks to Combine CPUs & GPUs
- Box Seats in Atlanta: Fortnow Poised to Take School of CS to the Show
- Quantum Resistance: Chris Peikert & the Power of Lattices
- The People’s Network: Computing Students Work for More Transparent Internet
Professor; Associate School Chair
Dr. Vigoda's research focuses on randomized algorithms, particularly Markov chain Monte Carlo algorithms. Vigoda's acclaimed result (with collaborators M. Jerrum and A. Sinclair) is an efficient algorithm for estimating the permanent of a matrix.
His work has connections to phase transitions in Statistical Physics and phylogenetic reconstruction in Evolutionary Biology.